Composting demonstration ‘live’ on television
Composting In Singapore (CIS) is an environmental social network founded and operated by Kainosis Sustainability Development Consultancy (Kainosis) since 2009. Established in the nascent stage of social media, CIS grew swiftly, contributing novel composting ideas to the community.
Focused on delivering user-centric and practical solutions for composting, CIS successfully carved itself a niche space in the sustainability arena. Dedicated content on turning wastes into fertiliser along with clear, relatable communications established CIS as an authoritative source on DIY (do-it-yourself) waste management. It is also one of few organisations in Singapore that has documented composting in tropical environments.
Within a short span of two years, CIS workshops and online content established Kainosis as a thought leader within the sustainability industry. Kainosis has worked with various organisations (ranging from government-linked entities to non-profits) on agriculture, food waste management, energy efficiency, and sustainable research-management.
CIS Portfolio And Experiences:
- Conducted workshops for a wide range of demographics
- Provide fun and educational compost booths for events
- Top SEO (search engine optimisation) composting blog within 3 months of inception
- ‘Live’ broadcast on Hello Singapore (狮城有约)
- Feasibility study of composting programme in Cambodia for Singapore International Foundation
- Designed and handbuilt backyard aquaponics system at Hwa Chong Institute
- Agriculture consult for SG Enable
- Invited speaker for various events and conferences
- Pioneer in documenting first-hand composting experience in a high-rise apartment setting
- Performed early-stage business consulting for Terracycle Singapore