7-minute feature on Morning Express (晨光第一线), a documentary and current affairs programme produced by Mediacorp Channel 8
Composting demonstration ‘live’ on television
Composting In Singapore (CIS) is an environmental social network founded and operated by Kainosis Sustainability Development Consultancy (Kainosis) since 2009. Established in the nascent stage of social media, CIS grew swiftly, contributing novel composting ideas to the community.
Focused on delivering user-centric and practical solutions for composting, CIS successfully carved itself a niche space in the sustainability arena. Dedicated content on turning wastes into fertiliser along with clear, relatable communications established CIS as an authoritative source on DIY (do-it-yourself) waste management. It is also one of few organisations in Singapore that has documented composting in tropical environments.
Within a short span of two years, CIS workshops and online content established Kainosis as a thought leader within the sustainability industry. Kainosis has worked with various organisations (ranging from government-linked entities to non-profits) on agriculture, food waste management, energy efficiency, and sustainable research-management.
CIS Portfolio And Experiences:
- Pioneer in documenting first-hand composting experience in high-rise apartment setting.
- Top SEO (search engine optimisation) composting blog within 3 months of inception.
- Conducted workshops and lively, educational booths for a wide range of demographic and communities.
- People’s Association
- Schools (including preschools and special needs)
- Corporates and MNCs (including UBS AG, Johnson and Johnson)
- Shopping malls
- Invited speaker for various events
- 7-minute feature on Morning Express (晨光第一线), a documentary and current affairs programme produced by Mediacorp Channel 8.
- ‘Live’ broadcast on Hello Singapore (狮城有约), a Mediacorp Channel 8 programme that combines news, current affairs and live discussions with invited experts and guests.
- Designed and conducted feasibility study of starting a composting programme in Cambodia for Singapore International Foundation.
- Designed, handbuilt, operated and maintained a backyard aquaponics farm for 1.5 years.
- Agriculture consultant for SG Enable.
- 1 of 3 consultants appointed by the Ministry of National Development (MND) to manage the Land and Liveability National Innovation Challenge (L2NIC) and Sustainable Urban Living (SUL) research grants.
- Identified and documented replicable energy efficiency solutions in the United World College of South East Asia (UWCSEA), a multi award-winning EE campus.
- Conducted a detailed investment assessment of ORIGIN Holding’s intent to expand into high-tech agriculture. Procured a lease agreement for 3Ha of agriculture-zoned land in Singapore and successfully negotiated for technology transfers, licensing, and key advisory functions for the agriculture value chain.
- Performed early-stage business consulting, communications and marketing for startups—Terracycle Singapore and BoP Hub.